Integrating CMMI and Agile Development
Case Studies and Proven Techniques for Faster Performance ImprovementPaperback Engels 2010 9780321714107
Many organizations that have improved process maturity through Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) now also want greater agility. Conversely, many organizations that are succeeding with Agile methods now want the benefits of more mature processes. The solution is to integrate CMMI and Agile. 'Integrating CMMI and Agile Development' offers broad guidance for melding these process improvement methodologies. It presents six detailed case studies, along with essential real-world lessons, big-picture insights, and mistakes to avoid.
Drawing on decades of process improvement experience, author Paul McMahon explains how combining an Agile approach with the CMMI process improvement framework is the fastest, most effective way to achieve your business objectives. He offers practical, proven techniques for CMMI and Agile integration, including new ways to extend Agile into system engineering and project management and to optimize performance by focusing on your organization's unique, culture-related weaknesses.
"This book will be a great help to a variety of organizations figuring out how best to implement CMMI, including large and small enterprises, even if their starting point is not 'Agile.' All-in-all, this contains 'pearls of wisdom' that will make a much-appreciated contribution to the software engineering community."
- Mike Konrad, Chief Architect, CMMI, Software Engineering Institute; coauthor, 'CMMI: Guidelines for Process Integration and Product Improvement, 2nd Edition'
"This book will challenge many of your (mis)understandings about both Agile delivery and CMMI. Paul thoughtfully applies his years of practical experience to help bridge two disparate communities who are working towards the same goal-improving an organization's IT productivity. It's about time someone wrote a book like this."
- Scott W. Ambler, Chief Methodologist for Agile and Lean, IBM Rational; author, 'Agile Modeling'; and coauthor, 'Enterprise Unified Process'
Geef uw waardering
Foreword by Hillel Glazer
Part 1: Introduction
1. Introduction and CMMI/Agile Primers
Part 2: Helping Mature Organizations Increase Agility
2. Techniques to Increase Agility in CMMI Mature Organizations
3. Agility and the Higher CMMI Level Practices
Part 3: Helping Agile Organizations Increase Maturity
4. Bringing Process Maturity to Agile Organizations-Part I
5. Bringing Process Maturity to Agile Organizations-Part II
Part 4: CMMI Helping Address Agile Misapplications
6. Common Misunderstandings of Defined Processes and Agility
7. Bringing Process Maturity to an R&D Culture
8. People Challenges Implementing a "Hybrid" Agile Approach in a CMMI Process Mature Organization
Part 5: How Real Performance Improvement Is Achieved
9. Your Repeating Specific Weaknesses: Finding Them, Why They Are Bad, Eliminating Them, and Keeping Them from Coming Back
10. Summary and Conclusion
Epilogue: What Does Passion Have to Do with Performance?
Appendix A: Twelve Principles Behind the Agile Manifesto
Appendix B: Example Agile Project Management Plan (PMP) Template
Appendix C: Example Agile Organizational Process Asset Guidelines
Appendix D: Example Agile Process Asset Approval and Release Process
Appendix E: Example Agile Organizational Process Focus Process
Appendix F: Example Agile Organizational Process Definition Process
Appendix G: Terminology Used in This Book
About the Author
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan