When SQL Server Integration Services ()SSIS) was released to the market in SQL Server 2005, it took the Extract Transform Load (ELT) market by storm. Three years later, SQL Server 20089 has introduced an even more mature rendition of SSIS that is focused on improving the scalability ad performance of SQL Server and also server as a very powerful tool for performing ETL operations, which are central to data warehousing.
With this boo, an assembled team of professionals has combined their years of experience and tried-and-true best practices to present your with the tools to take your SSIS skill set to a n new level. After a basic review of the fundamental concepts of SSIS, you'll move on to more-in-depth topics such as extending the engine, synchronizing systems incrementally, managing the SSIS platform, and more. Plus helpful examples and real-world case studies demonstrate advanced concepts and techniques. Once you get the initial learning curve of the 2008 version o0f SSIS. You'll be amazed by the power, effectiveness, and timesaving ability of SSIS-all of which are aimed at making your life easier.
What you will learn from this book:
- Ways that you can use the Script task in SSIS
- How to load a data warehouse from the ground up
- Techniques for scaling SSIS to make it more reliable
- Ways to incrementally load and join data
- Instructions for using containers to do looping in SSIS
- How to expose the SSIS data flow to other programs, such as InfoPath ad your own .NET applications.
This book is for anyone who is interested in using SSIS for transforming data, creating a workflow, or maintai9ning an SQL Server.
Geef uw waardering
Over Erik Veerman
Andere boeken door Erik Veerman
Over Grant Dickinson
Andere boeken door Grant Dickinson
1. Welcome to SQL Server Integration Services.
2. The SSIS Tools.
3. SSIS Tasks.
5. The Data Flow.
6. Using Expressions and Variables.
7. Joining Data.
8. Creating an End-to-End Package.
9. Scripting in SSIS.
10. Loading a Data Warehouse.
11. Using the Relational Engine.
12. Accessing Heterogeneous Data.
13. Reliability and Scalability.
14. Understanding and Tuning the Data Flow Engine.
15. Source Control and Software Development Life Cycle.
16. DTS 2000 Migration.
17. Error and Event Handling.
18. Programming and Extending SSIS.
19. Adding a User Interface to Your Component.
20. External Management and WMI Task Implementation.
21. Using SSIS with External Applications.
22. Administering SSIS.
23. Case Study: A Programmatic Example.
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan