Thinking about entering the field of teaching? When you enter a teacher education program, be sure to read THOSE WHO CAN, TEACH, 14th Edition. This book's state-of-the-art and reader-friendly approach will help you make an informed decision about becoming a teacher while inspiring and welcoming them to a rewarding, high-impact career. Using multiple sources, including biographies, narratives, profiles, and interviews with top educators and scholars, the text shows you the realities of teaching. Written by an acclaimed author team, the book's direct, conversational tone invites you to reflect on the satisfactions and problems of teaching in the United States, and casts a teaching career as a positive challenge.
Geef uw waardering
So Let's Get Started.
Part I: SCHOOL AND STUDENTS.
1. Why Teach?
2. What Is a School and What Is It For?
3. Who Are Today's Students in a Diverse Society?
4. What Social Problems Affect Today's Students?
5. What Is Taught?
Part II: TEACHERS.
6. What Makes a Teacher Effective?
7. What Should Teachers Know about Technology and Its Impact on Schools?
8. What Are the Ethical and Legal Issues Facing Teachers?
Part III: FOUNDATIONS AND THE FUTURE.
9. What Are the Philosophical Foundations of American Education?
10. What Is the History of America's Struggle for Educational Opportunity?
11. How Are Schools Governed, Influenced, and Financed?
12. How Should Education Be Reformed?
Part IV: THE TEACHING PROFESSION.
13. What Are Your Job Options in Education?
14. What Can the New Teacher Expect?
15. What Does It Mean to Be a Professional?
Before You Close the Book.
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan