Winner Silver Axiom Business Book Award 2018, category Business Technology
Are you ready for unprecedented acceleration in scientific and technological developments?
Innovations and scientific breakthroughs tripping over each other. This is not only perception, it's a fact. Drivers of this acceleration can be found in the availability of super computers in new technologies like nanotechnology, 3 and 4D-printing, bionics and artificial intelligence.
In order to prepare ourselves, we need to change the way we think: linear thinking is to be replaced by exponential thinking. The best answer to the question 'what's your plan?' is perhaps 'there is no plan, only adaptability to developing circumstances'.
Humans will not be required anymore for the next software update. That point is called Singularity or Transcendence and is foreseen in 2035. Witnessing the current acceleration in technologic developments we are clearly on our way. One thing is for sure: singularity is nearer than you might think.
This book provides insight in important trends & developments and gives a guide to the first crucial steps you and your organization can take in order to be prepared for what has been called 'The New Normal'.
Included is a real-life case on 'Maxion Wheels' accelerated innovation journey'.
Geef uw waardering
Interviews en artikelen (1)
Over Tjeu Blommaert
Andere boeken door Tjeu Blommaert
Over Stephan van den Broek
Andere boeken door Stephan van den Broek
Over Erik Kolthof
Andere boeken door Erik Kolthof
1. We do know now that there is a lot more we do not know than we do know
2. Singularity is much closer than you may think
3. A snapshot of some accelerating developments
4. Reset your mental model
5. The Deming cycle and accelerating environments
6. Be Connected; PLAN
7. How high the waves may be
The 3D printing case
8. Grabbing life’s moments of truth
The Big Data revolution
9. Get on the fast lane!
10. Driving on the fast lane; DO
11. Culture may eat innovation for lunch!
12. Rules of engagement; CHECK
13. Control in the new era
14. Combining two worlds; dual track systems
15. Be prepared and be ready to ACT
16. Fighting traditional management paradigms
17. Leadership in the New Era
Different times ask for different organizations and different leadership
18. The new management model for Singularity: Connect, Respond, Trust and Accelerate
19. The future of jobs: skills disruption
20. The end of the beginning
Case: Maxion Wheels accelerated Innovation Journey
Epilogue from the authors
About the authors
Alle 100 bestsellers
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan