Using a unique organizational framework that emphasizes six key domains of knowledge about personality - Dispositional, Biological, Intrapsychic, Cognitive/Experimental, Social and Cultural, and Adjustment - Personality Psychology, second edition presents an accessible, contemporary look at personality as a collection of interrelated topics and themes. This text focuses on the scientific basis of our knowledge about personality psychology, providing both classical and contemporary viewpoints supported by research and theory.
This fully revised new edition retains the strengths of the first edition whilst introducing contemporary theories and debates on personality that are relevant to an international audience.
- A completely revised chapter on Genetics and Personality from contributor Stéphanie van den Berg covering ethics and major new debates in the field.
- Updated chapter on intelligence.
- Updated chapter on Psychoanalytic Approaches with two previous chapters now merged into one, providing a more streamlined overview of the field.
- Updated chapter on Personality Disorders bringing it fully in line with DSM-5.
- Extensive pedagogy including Application boxes, which look at how personality theory and research is applied to real-world situations, and A Closer Look boxes which explore core topics and important studies to enhance student understanding.
- Exercises are used throughout the chapters to encourage students to reflect on what they have learned and apply the theory to their own life experiences.
Available for the first time through the Connect™ digital learning platform with access to SmartBook™, an adaptive digital version of the course textbook, and LearnSmart®, an adaptive study and practice environment specific to the book’s content.
Geef uw waardering
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan