This innovative new textbook firmly roots management accounting in management, placing the emphasis on the management accountant as a key member of the management team and the strategic business decision making process. Unique case studies and examples of worldwide practices illustrate how concepts and techniques are applied in real-world business situations.
It explores how management accounting techniques are adapted and modified to support specific industries from energy to media sectors and covers topical issues such as:
- Environmental accounting
- Environmental auditing and ISO14001/EMAS
- The balanced scorecard
- Kaizen costing
- Target costing
- Social responsibility
- Integrates the most up-to-date and relevant research with a broad approach to management accounting.
- Presents compelling examples of ‘real’ organisations, exploring the interactions of management accounting in practice.
- Extends knowledge of management accounting concepts and techniques to how they can be used for strategic decision making and management control.
- Uses Excel to develop and apply solutions methods.
- Examines how management accounting techniques are adapted and modified to support specific industries from energy to media sectors.
- Covers topical issues such as activity-based budgeting, the balanced scorecard, target costing, capacity planning, quality management, Six Sigma and performance measurement.
- Fully compliant with developments within the professional bodies such as CIMA and ACCA.
- Offers end-of chapter exercises to extend your critical thinking and applications of key concepts.
- Provides short case studies, so you can practise manipulating and analysing data.
This is the ideal textbook for students studying management accounting at advanced undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Geef uw waardering
Over Frank Selto
Andere boeken door Frank Selto
1. The Strategic Role of Management Accounting
2. Planning and Decision-Making Under Risk
3. Management Control
4. Cost Information for Decision-Making and Control
Section 2: Profitability Analysis
5. Budgeting and Beyond
6. Financial Modelling
7. Cost Analysis and Estimation
8. Investment Analysis
Section 3: Management Control Systems
9. Management and Operational Performance
10. Transfer Pricing in Decentralized Organizations
11. Integrated Financial and Non-Financial Measures
12. Inter-organizational Control
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan