Essentials of Global MarketingPaperback Engels 2012 9780273756545
'Essentials of Global Marketing' offers a concise and manageable approach to the subject. The accessible structure takes the reader through the entire international marketing planning process. Fundamental concepts are illuminated by examples from a wide range of companies, small and large, from around the world.
This second edition builds on the success of the first and continues to break new ground with:
- Information from the latest journal articles and up-to-date company facts.
- New coverage of modern concepts such as hybrid sales channels, service-dominant logic and social media marketing, especially Web 2.0 and crowd-sourcing.
- New coverage of BRIC countries, special cultural issues in China, gift-giving in different cultures and marketing to bottom of pyramid, (BOP) in emerging countries.
- Coverage of corporate social responsibility.
-New case studies from companies such as Barnes&Noble, Amazon, Zam Zam Cola, Green Toys and Polaroid Eyewear.
New interactive features for students and lecturers, hosted at www.pearsoned.co.uk/hollensen, including multiple choice quizzes for every chapter, video case studies of internationally recognized companies to accompany each part, a 28-page downloadable appendix covering marketing research and the decision-support system, and, for lecturers, media-rich PowerPoint slides.
Drawing on an incomparable breadth of international examples, Svend Hollensen not only demonstrates how global marketing works, but also how it relates to real decisions around the world.
Geef uw waardering
1. Global Marketing in the firm
2. Initiation of internationalisation
3. Internationalisation theories
Part 2 - Deciding Which Markets to Enter
4. Development of the firm's international competitiveness
5. The political and economic environment
6. The sociocultural environment
7. The international market selection process
Part 3 - Market Entry Strategies
8. Some approaches to the choice of entry mode
9. Export, intermediate and hierarchical entry modes
10. International buyer-seller relationships
Part 4 - Designing the Global Marketing Programme
11. Product and pricing decisions
12. Distribution and communication decisions
Part 5 - Implementing and Coordinating the Global Marketing Programme
13. Cross-cultural sales negotiations
14. Organisation and control of the global marketing programme
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan