Managing the Testing Process
Practical Tools and Techniques for Managing Hardware and Software TestingPaperback Engels 2009 9780470404157
Earlier editions of this book have helped test managers around the world to develop essential tools and apply them to successful test project management. In this third edition of his bestseller, Rex Black shares lessons he has learned in the decade since the first edition came out and provides a thorough review of the latest tools adn resources, making this book even more valuable.
A structured test operation is planned, repeatable, and documented, but preserves creativity and flexibility in all the right places. Rex Black teaches you to develop models for understanding the meaning of the myriad data points generated by testing. Then you can effectively manage what is often a confusing, chaotic, and change-ridden area of the project, building an effective and efficient test organization.
You will learn about:
- Building a business case for solid testing
- Mastering Agile testing challenges, applying risk-based testing, and managing distributed and outsourced testing
- Understanding and adapting the new IEEE 829 standard
- Building a high-performance test team using skills management, training, and certification
- Building and managing an effective test organization, explained with plenty of real-world examples, exercises, and solutions
Geef uw waardering
1. Defining What's on Your Plate: The Foundation of a Test Project.
2. Plotting and Presenting Your Course: The Test Plan.
3. Test-System Architecture, Cases, and Coverage.
4. An Exciting Career in Entomology Awaits You: A Bug-Tracking Database.
5. Managing Test Cases: The Test-Tracking Spreadsheet.
6. Tips and Tools for Crunch Mode: Managing the Dynamic.
7. Stocking and Managing a Test Lab.
8. Staffing and Managing a Test Team.
9. The Triumph of Politics: Organizational Challenges for Test Managers.
10. Involving Other Players: Distributed Testing, outsourcing, and related topics.
11. Economics of Testing: Fiscal Context.
Part 1: Appendices.
Appendix A: Hardware-Testing Fundamentals: An Introduction for Software-Testing Professionals.
Appendix B: Omninet: The Internet Everywhere Marketing Requirements Document.
Appendix C: Omninet: The Internet Everywhere System Requirements Document.
Appendix D: Bibliography, Related Readings, and Other Resources.
Alle 100 bestsellers
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan