Now in its second edition, this invaluable reference explains why MDX (Multidimensional expressions) is the most widely accepted software used for dimensional application. You'll learn how to build effective multidimensional data warehouses and you'll gain the necessary skills to access and analyze data to a make better business decisions.
After a brief overview of the syntax and semantics of the MDX language, the authors move directly to the tutorial, providing practical examples of MDX in use. With mote than 60 percent revised and updated content, this new edition addresses the increased number of analytical applications that use MDX.
The authors cover both the changes in the MDX language itself as well as major changes in its implementation with the latest software releases of Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 and Hyperion Essbase.
- Serving as both a tutorial and a reference guide to the MDX (Multidimensional Expressions) query language, this book shows data warehouse developers what they need to know to build effective multidimensional data warehouses
- After a brief overview of the MDX language and a look at how it is used to access data in sophisticated, multidimensional databases and data warehousing, the authors move directly to providing practical examples of MDX in use
- New material covers changes in the MDX language itself as well as major changes in its implementation with the latest software releases of Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 and Hyperion Essbase
- Also covers more advanced techniques, like aggregation, query templates, and MDX optimization, and shows users what they need to know to access and analyze data to make better business decisions
Geef uw waardering
1. A First Introduction to MDX.
2. Introduction to MDX Calculated Members and Named Sets.
3. Common Calculations and Selections in MDX.
4. MDX Query Context and Execution.
5. Named Sets and Set Aliases.
6. Sorting and Ranking in MDX.
7. Advanced MDX Application Topics.
8. Using the Attribute Data Model of Microsoft Analysis Services.
9. Using Attribute Dimensions and Member Properties in Hyperion Essbase.
10. Extending MDX through External Functions.
11. Changing the Cube and Dimension Environment through MDX.
12. The Many Ways to Calculate in Microsoft Analysis Services.
13. MDX Scripting in Analysis Services 2005.
14. Enriching the Client Interaction.
15. Client Programming Basics.
16. Optimizing MDX.
17. Working with Local Cubes.
Appendix A: MDX Function and Operator Reference.
Appendix B: Connection Parameters That Affect MDX.
Appendix C: Intrinsic Cell and Member Properties.
Appendix D: Format String Codes.
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan