Guiding the student through the principles and practices of contemporary corporate governance agenda, this book provides discussion of the debates and considerations that define the discipline.
This book offers a fresh look at the commonly accepted view of what constitutes good governance. Exploring the contexts of board decisions, Nordberg draws upon his academic research and years of business and financial journalism in Europe, North America and Asia to provide a distinctive and pertinent contribution to the literature on corporate governance.
-Featuring 21 detailed case studies, drawn from international examples, to prompt discussion and analysis
-Providing topical, up-to-date examples and evidence
-Giving attention to the important question "What next for Corporate Governance?"
This book will be of interest to upper level undergraduate and MBA students taking courses in corporate governance and leadership.
• The Problems of Corporate Governance
PART ONE: PRINCIPLES OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
• Theories of Corporate Governance
• Mechanisms of Corporate Governance
• Corporate Governance in a Global Economy
• Codes of Corporate Governance
PART TWO: ISSUES ON THE BOARD'S AGENDA
• Issues within the Board
• Issues between Boards and Management
• Issues between Boards and Owners
• Issues between Owners
• Issues between the Company and Its Publics
PART THREE: REPORTING, REBALANCING AND THE FUTURE
• The Universal Antiseptic
• Governance beyond Corporations
• An Unsettled and Unsettling Future?
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan