This accessible, highly interactive book presents a transformative approach to communication in leadership to meet workplace challenges at both local and global levels. Informed by neuroscience, psychology, as well as leadership science, it explains how integrating and properly balancing two key focal points of management—the tasks at hand and the concerns of others and self—can facilitate decision-making, partnering with diverse colleagues, and handling of crises and conflicts. Case examples, a self-test, friendly calls for reflection, and practical exercises provide readers with varied opportunities to assess, support, and evoke their readiness to apply these real-world concepts to their own style and preferences. Together, these chapters demonstrate the best outcomes of collaborative communication: greater effectiveness, deeper empathy with improved emotional fulfillment, and lasting positive change.
Included in the coverage:
· As a manager, can I be human? Using the two-agenda approach for more effective—and humane—management.
· Being and becoming a person-centered leader and manager in a crisis environment.
· Methods for transforming communication: dialogue.
· Open Case: A new setting for problem-solving in teams.
· Integrating the two agendas in agile management.
· Tasks and people: what neuroscience reveals about managing both more effectively.
· Transforming communication in multicultural contexts for better understanding across cultures.
As a skill-building resource, Transforming Communication in Leadership and Teamwork offers particular value:
· to diverse business professionals, including managers, leaders, and team members seeking to become more effective
· business consultants and coaches working with people in executive positions and/or teams
· leaders and members of multi-national teams
· executives, decision makers and organizational developers
· instructors and students of courses on effective communication, social and professional skills, human resources, communication and digital media, leadership, teamwork, and related subjects.
Geef uw waardering
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan