Algorithm Design introduces algorithms by looking at the real-world problems that motivate them. The book teaches students a range of design and analysis techniques for problems that arise in computing applications. The text encourages an understanding of the algorithm design process and an appreciation of the role of algorithms in the broader field of computer science.
- Focus on problem analysis and design techniques.
- Discussion is grounded in concrete problems and examples rather than abstract presentation of principles, with representative problems woven throughout the text.
- Over 200 well crafted problems with several coming from companies such as Yahoo!® and Oracle®. Each problem has been class tested for usefulness and accuracy in the authors' own undergraduate algorithms courses.
- Broad coverage of algorithms for dealing with NP-hard problems and the application of randomization, increasingly important topics in algorithms.
New to this Edition
- Randomized Algorithms (1e Chapter 13) has been split into two chapters: Basic Probabilistic Techniques (Chapter 4) and Randomized Algorithms (15)
- Two new chapters have been added: Linear Programming (14) and A Sampling of Further Directions in Algorithm Design (16)
- New section 2.6: More Complex Data Structures: Binary Search Trees
- New section 3.5 Biconnected Components: An Application of Depth-First Search
- New sections 5.6: Matrix Multiplication and 5.9: Deterministic Median-Finding
- New sections 12.8 Graph Partitioning: Motivating Spectral Methods and 12.9 Spectral Graph Algorithms
- New section 15.6: Bloom Filters
- New section 15.10 Randomized Rounding: Application to the Disjoint Paths Problem
Geef uw waardering
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan