Mastering Microsoft Power BI
Expert techniques for effective data analytics and business intelligencePaperback Engels 2018 9781788297233
Design, create and manage robust Power BI solutions to gain meaningful business insights
- Master all the dashboarding and reporting features of Microsoft Power BI
- Combine data from multiple sources, create stunning visualizations and publish your reports across multiple platforms
- A comprehensive guide with real-world use cases and examples demonstrating how you can get the best out of Microsoft Power BI
This book is intended for business intelligence professionals responsible for the design and development of Power BI content as well as managers, architects and administrators who oversee Power BI projects and deployments. The chapters flow from the planning of a Power BI project through the development and distribution of content to the administration of Power BI for an organization. BI developers will learn how to create sustainable and impactful Power BI datasets, reports, and dashboards.
This includes connecting to data sources, shaping and enhancing source data, and developing an analytical data model. Additionally, top report and dashboard design practices are described using features such as Bookmarks and the Power KPI visual. BI managers will learn how Power BI's tools work together such as with the On-premises data gateway and how content can be staged and securely distributed via Apps.
Additionally, both the Power BI Report Server and Power BI Premium are reviewed. By the end of this book, you will be confident in creating effective charts, tables, reports or dashboards for any kind of data using the tools and techniques in Microsoft Power BI.
What you will learn
- Build efficient data retrieval and transformation processes with the Power Query M Language
- Design scalable, user-friendly Direct
- Query and Import Data Models
- Develop visually rich, immersive, and interactive reports and dashboards
- Maintain version control and stage deployments across development, test, and production environments
- Manage and monitor the Power BI Service and the On-premises data gateway
- Develop a fully on-premise solution with the Power BI Report Server
- Scale up a Power BI solution via Power BI Premium capacity and migration to Azure Analysis Services or SQL Server Analysis Services
Who this book is for
Business Intelligence professionals and existing Power BI users looking to master Power BI for all their data visualization and dashboarding needs will find this book to be useful.
While understanding of the basic BI concepts is required, some exposure to Microsoft Power BI will be helpful.
Geef uw waardering
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan