A New Look at Old QuestionsPaperback Engels 2020 9781800377301
This thoroughly revised and extended second edition of the groundbreaking Rethinking Leadership builds on Donna Ladkin's entirely new approach to understanding leadership as a lived experience rather than a checklist of traits or behaviors.
Alongside selected expert contributors, the author makes complex ideas accessible by illustrating them with practical examples drawn from a broad experience of both academic leadership and management across a range of commercial, political and not-for-profit organizations. New chapters explore the lived experience of women leaders, how leaders might make responsible judgments, how power works within leadership relations, how business leadership differs from political leadership, and the need for leaders to be more 'human'.
Featuring up-to-date examples of how its ideas can be applied, the book offers a way to engage with the complexity and unpredictability of leadership as a phenomenon, at a time when effective, wise leadership is needed more than ever. Leadership scholars and doctoral level students will benefit from this book's novel philosophical perspective on leadership theorizing. Its discussion of a variety of accessible case studies that illustrate key ideas will also prove useful to all postgraduate leadership students.
Geef uw waardering
1. Why study leadership from a philosophical perspective?
2. Why are there so many different theories of leadership?
3. Why is it so difficult to study leadership?
4. What goes on in the relationship between leaders and followers?
5. Why is gender so important in leadership?
6. What is different about leadership in business organizations?
7. How does power work within leadership relations?
8. How do leaders judge what is a responsible course of action?
Rita A. Gardiner
9. How can individuals take up the leader role wisely?
10. Why can’t leaders be human?
11. What has it meant to rethink leadership?
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan