How to Work with the EU Institutions
A Practical Guide to Successful Public Affairs in the EUPaperback Engels 2020 9781838089818
The impacts of EU legislation are now felt in a host of sectors, and not just in the EU Member States. Changes to the rules laid down in Brussels can have worldwide and serious impacts for governments, businesses and consumers. In this systematic and practical handbook, Brussels public affairs practitioners show how stakeholders can improve their chances of successfully influencing the legislation that matters to them.
The book is full of real-world insights, timelines for how legislation is adopted, checklists of key points and actions, flowcharts and explanatory diagrams.
Section 1, which takes a comprehensive approach to public affairs management, reviews innovative methods for building influence, setting issue priorities, employing IT tools, communicating with the news media, attracting a social media following, and advancing issues through third-country advocacy.
Section 2 helps the reader apply these strategies to dealings with EU institutions. It covers the roles of the European Commission, Parliament and EU Councils, following Ordinary Legislative Procedure, and working with Delegated and Implementing Acts.
Section 3 sums up the various insights from contributors and provides guidance for successful EU advocacy.
Note: This book can be read as a standalone or in conjunction with How the EU Institutions Work: Your handbook and guide to EU decision-making (ISBN 9781838089801), which is a foundation text explaining how the EU institutions work together in the legislative process.
Geef uw waardering
About the Authors
Introduction, by Alan Hardacre
Section 1: How to Build a Successful Public Affairs Strategy
1. The Art of Influence, by Laura Shields
2. An EU Public Affairs Methodology, by Alan Hardacre and Aaron McLoughlin
3. Digital Information Management in EU Public Affairs, by Leyla Sertel and Alan Hardacre
4. Working with the Media and Social Media in the EU, by Jon Worth
5. Third Country Lobbying in Brussels, by Alan Hardacre
Section 2: How to Work with the EU Institutions and Decision-Making
6. Working with the European Commission, by Aaron McLoughlin
7. Working with the European Parliament, by Doru Frantescu
8. Working with the Council(s), by Roland Moore and Alan Hardacre
9. How to Work with the Ordinary Legislative Procedure, by Roland Moore and Alan Hardacre
10. Working with Delegated and Implementing Acts, by Alan Hardacre and Aaron McLoughlin
Section 3: Summary
11. Recommendations for Best Practice in EU Public Affairs, by Alan Hardacre
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan