EU Criminal LawGebonden Engels 2022 9781849464581
This is the second edition of EU Criminal Law, which has become since its publication in 2009 a key point of reference in the field. The second edition is updated and substantially expanded, to take into account the significant growth of EU criminal law as a distinct legal field and the impact of the entry into force of the Lisbon Treaty on European integration in criminal matters.
The book offers a holistic and in-depth analysis of the key elements of European integration in criminal matters, including EU powers and competence to criminalise, the evolution of judicial co-operation under the principles of mutual recognition and mutual trust, EU action in the field of criminal procedure including legislation on the rights of the defendant and the victim, the evolving role of European bodies and agencies (such as Europol, Eurojust and the European Public Prosecutor's Office) in European criminal law, and the development of EU-wide surveillance and data gathering and exchange mechanisms.
Several chapters are devoted to the external dimension of EU action in criminal matters (including transatlantic counter-terrorism cooperation and the impact of Brexit on EU Criminal Law) Throughout the volume, the constitutional and fundamental rights implications of European integration in criminal matters are highlighted.
Covering all the key principles of EU law, with clear explanation and rigorous analysis, this will give scholars, students, policy makers and legal practitioners interested in the subject a strong understanding of this fascinating but sometimes complex field.
2. Substantive Criminal Law: From Securitised to Functional Criminalisation
3. Ne Bis in Idem and Conflicts of Jurisdiction
Valmasis Mitsilegas and Fabio Giuffrida
4. Mutual Recognition and Mutual Trust
5. Legislating for Human Rights: The EU Legal Framework on the Rights of Individuals in Criminal Proceedings
6. The Place of the Victim in Europe's Area of Criminal Justice
7. The Uneasy Relationship between EU Criminal Law and Citizenship of the EU
8. Bodies, Offices and Agencies
Valsamis Mitsilegas and Fabio Giuffrida
Valsamis Mitsilegas and Niovi Vavoula
10. The EU and the Global Governance of Crime
11. The External Dimension of Mutual Trust: Transatlantic Counter-terrorism Cooperation
12. EU Criminal Law aft er Brexit
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan