This title is a Pearson Global Edition. The Editorial team at Pearson has worked closely with educators around the world to include content which is especially relevant to students outside the United States.
For introductory courses in managerial finance.
Using financial concepts to solve real-world problems with a proven teaching and learning framework
The Teaching and Learning System a hallmark feature of Principles of Managerial Finance weaves pedagogy into concepts andpractice, giving students a roadmap to follow through the text and supplementary tools. The 16th Edition concentrates on thematerial students need to know in order to make effective financial decisionsin an increasingly competitive business environment. It allows students to makethe connections between a firms action and its value, as determined in thefinancial market. With a large number of examples, this text is an easilyaccessible resource for in- and out-of-class learning.
New to This Edition
- Current, relevant content keeps students abreast of the latest managerial finance practices
- Chapter-opening vignettes feature stories involving companies like Tesla, Emirates, Rolls-Royce, Coca-Cola, Facebook, and Tesco that are familiar to students and relevant for business in the real world.
- Discussions on key topics help students make keen financial decisions in an increasingly competitive business environment. Topics include the financial markets in crisis (Chapter 2), bond price sensitivity to interest rate changes (Chapter 6), important merger concepts (Chapter 18), and much more.
- Examples using data from real markets and real companies like Tesla and Southwest Airlines connect the concepts students are learning about to their daily lives.
Learner-focused features show students how to apply financial concepts to real problems
- Newly formatted Financial Calculator Screenshots demonstrate exact keystrokes, helping students complete time-value-money calculations.
- Focus On boxes draw on actual events to highlight important business practices, ethics, and the intersection of people, planet, and profit.
- End-of-chapter Opener-In-Review Questions, Review Questions, Self-Test Problems, Warm-Up Exercises, Comprehensive Problems, and Personal Finance Problems challenge readers' understanding of key concepts, tools, and techniques that theyve learned about in the chapters.
Geef uw waardering
Over Scott Smart
Andere boeken door Scott Smart
1. The Role of Managerial Finance
2. The Financial Market Environment
PART II: FINANCIAL TOOLS
3. Financial Statements and Ratio Analysis
4. Long and Short-term Financial Planning
5. Time Value of Money
PART III: VALUATION OF SECURITIES
6. Interest Rates and Bond Valuation
7. Stock Valuation
PART IV: RISK AND THE REQUIRED RATE OF RETURN
8. Risk and Return
9. The Cost of Capital
PART V: LONG-TERM INVESTMENT DECISIONS
10. Capital Budgeting Techniques
11. Capital Budgeting Cash Flows
12. Risk and Refinements in Capital Budgeting
PART VI: LONG-TERM FINANCIAL DECISIONS
13. Capital Structure
14. Payout Policy
PART VII: SHORT-TERM FINANCIAL DECISIONS
15. Working Capital and Current Assets Management
16. Current Liabilities Management
PART VIII: SPECIAL TOPICS IN MANAGERIAL FINANCE
17. Hybrid and Derivative Securities
18. Mergers, LBOs, Divestitures, and Business Failure
19. International Managerial Finance
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan