Best-selling authors David Myers' and Nathan DeWall’s briefest introduction to psychology speaks to all students regardless of their background or level of preparedness, with no assumptions made in the vocabulary, examples, or presentation. Students of all kinds are comfortable with the inclusive tone and the manageable, pedagogically-effective chapters. Instructors appreciate the authors’ encouraging students throughout to THINK critically, CONSIDER diverse perspectives, and IMPROVE their everyday life.
'Psychology in Everyday Life' is a complete and affordable resource for students at all levels. Dave Myers and Nathan DeWall work on the text and corresponding LaunchPad content so there is a tight connection between all aspects of the course. This edition is heavily updated to reflect the latest in psychological science and to further emphasize the value of thinking critically, considering diverse perspectives, and improving our everyday life. The following elements support this new theme in the fifth edition:
New "Psychological Science in a Post-Truth World" section in Chapter 1, with its new companion animated tutorial in LaunchPad.
"Thinking Critically About" infographics, with new companion activities in LaunchPad.
CONSIDER DIVERSE PERSPECTIVES:
- New coverage on topics related to diversity and inclusion, especially the significantly revised Chapter 4, Sex, Gender, and Sexuality.
- New historical timeline in Appendix F, with an emphasis on diverse voices.
- New classroom activities on topics related to diversity now included in the Instructor’s Resources.
IMPROVE YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE
- New Student Preface, "How to Apply Psychology to Live Your Best Life," focused on student success.
- New "Improve Your Everyday Life" feature throughout each chapter helps students apply psychology’s principles to their own lives.
- Assess Your Strengths activities in LaunchPad help make psychology’s concepts meaningful, memorable, and useful for students.
Geef uw waardering
Over Nathan DeWall
Andere boeken door Nathan DeWall
Time Management: Or, How to Be a Great Student and Still Have a Life
Chapter 1: Psychology’s Roots, Big Ideas, and Critical Thinking Tools
Chapter 2: The Biology of Mind and Consciousness
Chapter 3: Developing Through the Life Span
Chapter 4: Sex, Gender, and Sexuality
Chapter 5: Sensation and Perception
Chapter 6: Learning
Chapter 7: Memory
Chapter 8: Thinking, Language, and Intelligence
Chapter 9: Motivation and Emotion
Chapter 10: Stress, Health, and Human Flourishing
Chapter 11: Social Psychology
Chapter 12: Personality
Chapter 13: Psychological Disorders
Chapter 14: Therapy
Appendix A: Statistical Reasoning in Everyday Life
Appendix B: Psychology at Work
Appendix C: Subfields of Psychology
Appendix D: Complete Chapter Reviews
Appendix E: Answers to Chapter Test Questions
Managementboek TOP 5
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Computer en informatica
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan