Develop your own Bluetooth Low Energy Applications
for Raspberry Pi, ESP32 and nRF52 with Python, Arduino and ZephyrPaperback Engels 2022 9783895765001
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio chips are ubiquitous from Raspberry Pi to light bulbs. BLE is an elaborate technology with a comprehensive specification, but the basics are quite accessible.
A progressive and systematic approach will lead you far in mastering this wireless communication technique, which is essential for working in low power scenarios.
In this book, you'll learn how to:
- Discover BLE devices in the neighborhood by listening to their advertisements.
- Create your own BLE devices advertising data.
- Connect to BLE devices such as heart rate monitors and proximity reporters.
- Create secure connections to BLE devices with encryption and authentication.
- Understand BLE service and profile specifications and implement them.
- Reverse engineer a BLE device with a proprietary implementation and control it with your own software.
- Make your BLE devices use as little power as possible.
This book shows you the ropes of BLE programming with Python and the Bleak library on a Raspberry Pi or PC, with C++ and NimBLE-Arduino on Espressif's ESP32 development boards, and with C on one of the development boards supported by the Zephyr real-time operating system, such as Nordic Semiconductor's nRF52 boards.
Starting with a very little amount of theory, you'll develop code right from the beginning. After you've completed this book, you'll know enough to create your own BLE applications.
Geef uw waardering
Chapter 1 • Introduction 12
Chapter 2 • Preparing your development environment 24
Chapter 3 • Broadcasting data with advertisements 43
Chapter 4 • Connections and services 97
Chapter 5 • Securing BLE connections 155
Chapter 6 • Profiles and roles 192
Chapter 7 • Reverse engineering BLE devices 217
Chapter 8 • Lowering power consumption 232
Chapter 9 • Conclusion 242
Chapter 10 • Appendix 246
Aanbevolen live events...
Jitske Kramer over Teamintelligentie
Mensen die dit boek kochten, kochten ook...
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan