This new edition of Crafting and Executing Strategy continues to provide a valuable resource for European readers while embracing new and updated core concepts and key theories in strategy. Throughout the text you will find a range of examples that illustrate how strategy works in the real world and encourage the practical application of learning. Complementing the chapters is a section of new cases providing in-depth analysis of the challenges of strategic management at a range of companies.
This edition includes:
* A new 6Ds framework, allowing readers to structure their approach to strategic management around the fundamental elements of the strategy process (Diagnosis, Direction, Decisions and Delivery) and the context within which that process is managed (Dynamism and Disorder).
* Opening cases that begin each chapter and feature real-life business scenarios from companies such as Tinder, Ikea and Victorinox, introducing strategic concepts and theories.
* Illustration Capsules, which have been updated to illustrate contemporary business concerns and demonstrate how companies have reacted strategically, increasing understanding of successful strategies.
Companies featured include Burberry, TOMS, Aldi, Novo Nordisk and more.
* Key Debates that stimulate classroom discussion and encourage critical analysis.
* Emerging Themes that present contemporary strategic opportunities and issues such as ripple intelligence and technology and new organizational structures.
* A Different View encouraging readers to appreciate differing viewpoints on strategic concepts and theories.
* End of chapter cases that capture each chapter's main theories through engaging cases on companies such as Adidas and Nike, Lego and Uber.
* New recommended reading at the end of each chapter which help to further knowledge, including classic texts and advanced reading, and author notes providing context
Connect is McGraw-Hill's learning and teaching environment that improves student performance and outcomes while promoting engagement and comprehension of content.
New for this edition are interview-style videos, featuring author Alex Janes in discussion with business leaders, exploring how organizational strategy has developed within companies as diverse as Jeep, Levi Strauss, Novo Nordisk and a prestigious oil and gas company. The videos are provided in full-length or in segments, with questions aimed at encouraging classroom discussion or self-testing. This new edition is available with SmartBook, McGraw-Hill's adaptive, digital tool that tests students' knowledge of key concepts and pinpoints the topics on which they need to focus study time.
Crafting and Executing Strategy is also available with both The Business Strategy Game and GLO-BUS - the world's leading business strategy simulations. Alex Janes is Senior Lecturer in Management at the University of Exeter Business School; Ciara Sutton is Lecturer in Strategy at Stockholm School of Economics.
Geef uw waardering
Chapter 1: What is Strategy and Why is it Important?
Chapter 2: Leading the Process of Crafting and Executing Strategy
Chapter 3: Evaluating an Organization’s External Environment
Chapter 4: Evaluating a Company’s Resources and Capabilities
Chapter 5: Strategies for Competitive Advantage: Generic Strategies and Beyond
Chapter 6: Strategies for Changing the Game: New Ways of Operating and Altering the Scope of Operations
Chapter 7: Strategies for International Growth
Chapter 8: Strategies for Managing a Group of Businesses: Diversification
Chapter 9: Strategies for Sustainability: People, Planet and Profit
Chapter 10: Configuring the Organization
Chapter 11: Corporate Culture and Leadership: Keys to Good Strategy Execution
Part 2: Cases in Crafting and Executing Strategy
Case: Reinventing Accor
Case: Tata Motors in 2014: Its Multibrand Approach to Competing in the Global Automobile Industry
Case: Deere & Company in 2014: Its International Strategy in the Agricultural, Construction, and Forestry Equipment Industry
Case: PepsiCo’s Diversification Strategy in 2014
Case: The Walt Disney Company: Its Diversification Strategy in 2014
Case: TOMS Shoes: A Dedication to Social Responsibility
Case: Saving Waterstones
Case: AmSafe Bridport
Case: Tesla and The Future of The Automobile Industry
Case: Tesco plc
Case: Carnival Corporation & plc
Case: Hotel Verde, Cape Town: Africa’s Greenest Hotel – Strategy and Sustainability
Case: Kenya Airways: The Respected African Airline – An Optimistic Future?
Case: KBC's Digital Transformation: A Strategic Response
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan