Even the smartest mind can't beat the organized mind . . .
In the digital age we are overwhelmed by information. Unable to make sense of it all, our creativity plummets, decision making suffers and we grow absent-minded. The twenty-first century sees us drowning under emails, forever juggling six tasks at once and trying to make complex decisions ever more quickly. This is information overload.
In 'The Organized Mind', we learn how we got here and why smart organization improves our memories and attention - and makes us more imaginative and clear-sighted. Using a combination of academic research and examples from daily life, neuroscientist and bestselling author Daniel Levitin explains how to take back control of your life.
You'll discover that:
- Your brain has a daily processing limit - why waste it on cat photos?
- Pressing Send or clicking Like gives a dopamine hit - it's addictive
- Daydreaming is your brain at its most productive
- Multitasking is a bad way to do nearly everything
This book will take you through every aspect of modern life, from healthcare to online dating to raising kids, showing that the secret to success is always organization. Levitin's ideas are surprising, powerful and will change the way you see the world.
By following the advice in The Organized Mind, you'll function better, go further and find more time to do the things you actually want to do.
Geef uw waardering
Over Daniel Levitin
Andere boeken door Daniel Levitin
1. Too much information, too many decisions - The inside history of cognitive overload
2. The first things to get straight - How attention and memory work
3. Organizing our homes - Where things can start to get better
4. Organizing our social world - How humans connect now
5. Organizing our time - What is the mystery?
6. Organizing information for the hardest decisions - When life is on the line
7. Organizing the business world - How we create value
8. What to teach our children - The future of the organized mind
9. Everything else - The power of the junk drawer
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan