This book reveals the three most important capabilities leaders must demonstrate today: the ability to set strategy, empathize with others, and take risks all at the same time. In
Head, Heart, and Guts, leadership experts David Dotlich, Peter Cairo, and Stephen Rhinesmith who teach and coach CEOs and executive teams throughout the world argue that to be successful in a complex, matrixed, fast–moving world, whole leaders must set strategy, develop trusting relationships with others, and consistently do the right thing based on personal values. Partial leaders, often the product of traditional executive programs, may be successful in the shortrun, but their companies lose over time. Filled with case studies of companies such as Bank of America, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, and UBS,
Head, Heart, and Guts, lays out specific steps and actions for leaders who want to grow beyond their leadership comfort zone and an action plan for companies that want to move beyond tried–and–true leadership development in order to develop whole leaders throughout their leadership pipeline.
Geef uw waardering
Part One: The Case for Whole Leadership.
1. Whole Leadership Versus Partial Leadership.
2. Developing Leaders the Systemic, Integrated Way.
Part Two: Head Leadership.
3. Rethinking the Way We Do Things Around Here.
4. Reframing the Boundaries.
5. Getting Things Done.
6. Developing and Articulating a Point of View.
Part Three: Heart Leadership.
7. Balancing People Needs with Business Requirements: Touching All the Bases.
8. Delivering Integrated Solutions Through Trust.
9. Working with and Leading People from Diverse Cultures: Developing True Empathy.
10. Overcoming Personal Derailers in Working with Others.
Part Four: Guts Leadership.
11. Taking Risks with Little or No Data.
12. Balancing Risk and Reward.
13. Acting with Unyielding Integrity.
Part Five: Mature Leadership.
14. Developing Mature Leaders for the Twenty–First Century.
About the Authors.
Alle 100 bestsellers
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan